Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing – Gym Based
No other UK training provider can offer a more up to date qualification for Gym Instruction than we can.
The EnergyWise Academy is renowned for its down to earth, realistic approach when applying the theory of qualifications to existing practical skills. We know the fitness industry ‘inside out’ and also appreciate that it is forever changing and evolving.
What makes our training course different?
- Small class numbers – eight maximum – ensuring you get personal attention
- We place a huge amount of emphasis on the practical element of this course …working within a gym is crucial and no amount of home-study can replace this.
- Access to your tutor between units/weekends via email
- Fun, enjoyable approach to learning whether or not you are accustomed to studying
- Face to face learning with encouragement and feedback helps you to earn more quickly
- We have a reputation for bringing theory to life
- Working with the same group of students for the duration of your course, helps build confidence
- We know our stuff!
All of our tutors have extensive experience of training clients, Indoor Cycling, Circuits and Personal Training. We don’t just talk about the theory. We guarantee that you will not find a better team of tutors anywhere in the UK when it comes to teaching you how to teach! You won’t simply gain a piece of paper/certificate we will give you skills un-matched by many, to gain the all important experience which will give you an extremely high likelihood of employment on completion of your course.
Attaining the Level 2 Gym Instructor qualification is a stepping stone on the way to becoming a Level 3 Personal Trainer with further training. We recommend that you add some CPD – Continuing Professional Development Certificates to your portfolio which will add to your employ-ability and in turn help you to gather essential skills. The bigger the variety of clients you can work with at Level 2, the better your services as a Personal Trainer will be… a trainer that clients will want to hire!
We can assure you that you will be in extremely capable hands as ALL of our tutors and assessors are themselves well respected and fully qualified with many years’ experience in teaching a variety of disciplines. Every person involved in your training is currently working on a daily basis within the fitness industry and therefore has a wealth of knowledge far greater than any text book or student manual.
See table below for course dates
|Level 2 Certificate in Fitness Instructing – Gym Based (QCF)|
|Unit no 1||Saturday & Sunday 9.30- 5-30pm||16th – 17th June 2018|
|Unit no 2||Saturday & Sunday 9.30 – 5-30pm||7th – 8th July 2018|
|Unit no 3||Saturday & Sunday 9.30 – 5-30pm||28th – 29th July 2018|
Cost : £595 Minimum deposit £245
Venue: Queen Margaret University, Queen Margaret Drive, Musselburgh, EH21 6UU
Entry pre-requisite: As this is an entry level qualification no previous experience or qualification is required, however a basic understanding of health & fitness would be helpful. Ideally personal experience of training in a gym environment would also be useful.
The learner must achieve all 4 mandatory units plus both units in context of the Gym.
The total credit value of the qualification is 23 credits.
- Unit 1 – Anatomy and physiology for exercise (H/600/9013) – this unit is worth 6 credits
- Unit 2 – Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity (M/600/9015) – this unit is worth 2 credits
- Unit 3 – Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment (T/600/9016) – this unit is worth 2 credits
- Unit 4 – Principles of exercise, fitness and health (A/600/9017) – this unit is worth 4 credits
P1 – Gym-based (Credit Value required: Minimum 10, Maximum 10)
- Unit 5 – Planning gym-based exercise (F/600/9018) this unit is worth 4 credits
- Unit 6 – Instructing gym-based exercise (A/600/9020) – this unit is worth 6 credits
During your training course you will be supplied with all relevant study materials to enable you to achieve the knowledge to become a valuable addition to any team of gym staff.
So what are you waiting for?
Email us to request an Info Pack and Registration Form or call us on 0131 669 8888 if you’d like a bit of reassurance that this is the right course for you.
We look forward to hearing from you soon