Level 2 Award in Mental Health Awareness & Mental Health First AidDid you know that one in every four people experience mental health problems at some point in their lives? Wouldn’t you agree that a greater awareness of mental health issues and an understanding of how to manage our mental health is required.
During this Level 2 Award in Mental Health Awareness you will increase your awareness and understanding of mental health. Subsequently, helping to reduce stigma and discrimination and encourage people to talk about mental health.
Additionally, the qualification will provide you with an understanding of ways to manage and improve your own mental health and how to offer mental health first aid to others.
Who is this course for?
Who will benefit from achieving this qualification?If you are a :
- Dance Teacher
- Personal Trainer
- Youth Leader
- Gym Instructor
- Yoga Teacher
- Pilates Teacher
- an understanding and awareness of mental health
- an understanding of common mental health disorders and issues
- help reduce stigma and discrimination
- encourage people to talk about mental health
How can I apply my knowledge?You can do this through recognising and responding to the signs of mental ill health in yourself and others. Which will in turn enable you to offer mental health first aid to people experiencing mental ill health.
What is exactly is Mental Health First Aid?As with any type of first aid, there are four key aims:
- Preserve Life
- Prevent further harm
- Provide comfort
- Promote recovery
How much does it cost?
The full cost of this online training course Level 2 Award in Mental Health Awareness is £175.Included in this cost is:
- Hard copy of your Manual/Workbook sent to to you in the post within one week of registering
- Access to the Active IQ eLearning platform – where you can study at your leisure
- Online assessment – to be completed when you feel you are ready
- Certificate – issued after successful completion of your assessment. This is not simply a certificate of attendance it is evidence that you are qualified in Mental Health awareness and Mental health First Aid. Whether or not you need this qualification to add to your C.V. and enhance your career …or you simply feel a bit ignorant around the subject of Mental health …and would love to know more …. you will gain valuable applicable information.
What is the next step?When you have decided to register your place for this online training, simply fill in the Contact Form below then hit the big purple button and pay your fees via PayPal. You do not need to have your own PayPal account to use this facility. We will send you a Registration Form electronically which you then complete and return to our office via email.
How is this course structured?
Why should I train with The EnergyWise Academy?The EnergyWise Academy is an accredited training provider based in the UK. Our qualifications are recognised worldwide and adhere to the most up to date safety guidelines and standards. We have an excellent reputation for looking after our students before, during and long after qualifying. We pride ourselves on our attention to detail and commitment to providing a first class service.
How do I achieve this Award?In order to achieve this award,you will be required to complete an online worksheet plus an online case study – all of which is thoroughly explained in the course materials. Upon successful completion of the course work you will receive an Active IQ Certificate : Level 2 Award in Mental Health Awareness & Mental Health First Aid.
How long will it take me to complete the course?Everybody works at their own pace and as you can appreciate we have no way of knowing what your personal circumstances are. There are a number of excellent websites to visit and recommended video clips to view along with short online tutorials. We anticipate a minimum of three months from start to finish, however you may be in a hurry to complete your training and power through the work in a couple of weeks. Either way there is no pressure to complete the course before you have taken on board all the new information.
How much work is involved?There are two mandatory units required for successful completion of this award. The units are:
- Mental Health Awareness
- Mental Health First Aid
- Anxiety disorders: stress, phobias and post traumatic stress disorder
- Eating disorders: anorexia nervosa and bulimia nervosa
- Addiction and substance misuse
- Self harm